Anxiety & Autism/ADHD – Audio & Transcript Bundle from
Trudy Scott, Food Mood Expert and Nutritionist
Unlocking ADHD and Autism Summit Bonus
Autism- and ADHD-related audio interviews and transcripts from Anxiety Summit experts
Dr. Felice Jacka, Principal Research Fellow at Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
The Research: Food to prevent and treat anxiety and depression?
- Organizations and collaboration in nutritional psychiatry research and prevention
- Study: Traditional diet lowers the risk of anxiety and depression in women
- The surprising benefits of grass-fed red meat for improved mood
- Food and mental health research in Norway, Japan, UK and Spain, across all ages and socioeconomic levels
- Ongoing research on diet to prevent depression and future research on the gut
Mira Dessy, Certified Nutrition Educator, Real Food Advocate, and author of The Pantry Principle
How additives in your food can make you anxious
- neurobehavioral effects of artificial sweeteners Aspartame and Splenda
- MSG: effects on the HPA axis and serotonin
- the ‘mystery math’ of trans fats, azodicarbonamide/ADA and BVO
- the endocrine disrupting chemical BPA
Dr. Ted Dinan MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry at University College Cork
Microbes in the gut and psychobiotics as a potential treatment for anxiety and depression
- Varied ways in which anxiety presents
- Anxiety as a co-morbid condition e.g. irritable bowel syndrome
- Microbes in the gut and the influence on emotional activity
- Non-pharmacological approaches to treating anxiety
- Psychobiotics as a potential treatment and the newest research in this area
Julia Rucklidge PhD, Professor of Clinical Psychology
What if… Nutrition could Treat Anxiety and Depression?
- The increasing prevalence of mental health problems and medication side-effects
- Why diet is so important when it comes to mental health (anxiety, depression, ADHD and even schizophrenia)
- Nutritional medicine as mainstream in psychiatry and ISNPR (International Society for Nutritional Psychiatry Research)
- The problems with food: pesticides, soil quality, Roundup
- Micronutrient research for ADHD, anxiety, bipolar and PTSD)
- The emerging field of nutritional mental health: Inflammation, the microbiome, oxidative stress, and mitochondrial function
Trudy Scott CN, host of the Anxiety Summit, Food Mood expert and author of The Antianxiety Food Solution
Pyroluria, Amino Acids and Anxiety: Troubleshooting when you are not getting results
- Pyroluria and the effects of leaky gut, oxalates and low oxytocin levels
- CFS, ADHD, autism, alcoholism, Lyme disease: the pyroluria connection
- Introversion and musician’s dystonia: an update on the pyroluria connection
- Troubleshooting the pyroluria protocol and mistakes I see
- Testing for pyroluria, zinc, vitamin B6 and fatty acids
- The 8 factors that make the targeted individual amino acids more effective
- What to do when the amino acids are not working
- Concerns about quinolinic acid and tryptophan?
Dr. Zendi Moldenhauer, PhD, NP, RN
Anxiety in children, adolescents and young adults: an integrative psychiatric approach
- The incidence of anxiety in children: official stats and real life numbers
- How to identify anxiety in children and the IBS-anxiety connection
- Medication over-prescribing, hidden side-effects and electroshock
- Food, toxins, gut health, the adrenals and an integrative approach
- How to use calming theanine and GABA
Please enter your name and email below and you’ll be directed to a page to download the above.
You’ll also receive an email with download links so you can download them later at your convenience.
I’d like to instantly access the audios and transcripts from the Anxiety Summit
You will also be subscribed to my popular bi-weekly online newsletter ‘Food, Mood and Gal Stuff” filled with food and mood articles, recent research, recipes, workshop and event information and more.
Trudy Scott, Food Mood Expert and Certified Nutritionist
Author, The Antianxiety Food Solution
Food Mood Expert Trudy Scott is a certified nutritionist on a mission to educate and empower anxious individuals worldwide about natural solutions for anxiety, stress and emotional eating. Trudy serves as a catalyst in bringing about life enhancing transformations that start with the healing powers of eating real whole food, using individually targeted supplementation and making simple lifestyle changes.
She is known for her expertise in the use of targeted individual amino acids, the nutritional solutions for the social anxiety condition pyroluria, and the harmful effects of benzodiazepines. She works primarily with women but the information she offers works equally well for men and children.
Trudy also presents nationally to nutrition and mental health professionals on food and mood, sharing all the recent research and how-to steps so they too can educate and empower their clients and patients.
Trudy is past president of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals. She was recipient of the 2012 Impact Award and served as a Special Advisor to the Board of Directors for many years. Trudy is a member of Alliance for Addiction Solutions and Anxiety and Depression Association of America. She was a nominee for the 2015 Scattergood Innovation Award and winner of the Go-Giver Mindshare award in 2018.
Trudy is the author of The Antianxiety Food Solution: How the Foods You Eat Can Help You Calm Your Anxious Mind, Improve Your Mood and End Cravings (New Harbinger 2011) and host of The Anxiety Summit which has been dubbed “a bouquet of hope.”
Trudy is passionate about sharing the powerful food mood connection because she experienced the results first-hand, finding complete resolution of her anxiety and panic attacks.
After listening to Dr. Michael Murry’s interview on your Anxiety Summit, I decided to try 5-HTP on my 18-year-old daughter (a senior in high school) who was adopted at 5 years of age. She has always had some issues with focus, but she has never been medicated for this. She has had some learning struggles. She was exposed to alcohol in the womb, so some of her learning difficulty has been attributed to this.
She started 5-HTP in December and doesn’t ever want to miss a day on it. She says that she can better complete her assignments because it helps her to “stay on task”.
Even on days that she is not in school, she wants to take it, because it makes her feel happier.
Because she has done so well on it, her 23-year-old biological sister (also adopted) started on it. She was also exposed to alcohol while in the womb and has some learning struggles. She is in college. She also doesn’t want to miss a day, because she says that “it keeps her on her toes,” which she says means that it “keeps me focused,” when she is working on her school work.
I am so thankful that I learned about this therapy through your summit!
I got some GABA for our ASD [autism spectrum disorder] child. He has not slept well for years. We had tried all kinds of stuff. I am a healthcare pro and have studied and read and tried so much. But this stuff is a true miracle. For the first time in years my child sleeps. He sang and was all smiles from ear to ear for the first three days.
Our son has also really noticed a difference in his carb cravings since doing GABA. He went to grandma’s house and was not tempted by 6 pies, tons of cookies, sweet rolls etc. We were both shocked. This is a kid who would mow through tons of cookies, rolls and pastries.
For 40 years I have thought of food in only two ways: Food that makes you fat...and food that doesn't make you fat. I have finally begun to see the profound effect that food has on my emotions and over all happiness. This shouldn't shock me...but it does. And for the first time I am realizing that is what's most important! I am finally starting to think about how food "makes me feel" rather than how food 'makes me look'.
Trudy Scott is awesome! After years of dealing with my challenging health issues, and many other bright health care providers, Trudy was the one to give me relief and solutions. She gave me the hope of having a normal, healthy life again. I was ready to give up and Trudy changed my life. The breadth of her knowledge, resourcefulness, compassion and caring sets her apart. Trudy is a treasure.
“when GABA was introduced, the panic attacks disappeared”
“I also found that I have pyroluria so once I had introduced the nutrients I could stand up and speak in front of a crowd without having that terrible gut feeling and panic”
“I still am amazed at how quickly the panic attacks, binge eating, and mood swings disappeared.”
(she did the Amazing Aminos for Emotional Eating group program and saw anxiety, mood and emotional eating benefits)
At the end of the program: “It's hard now to remember how anxious I really was but I do know it was bad as I have my (food mood) logs to prove it!”
(she also did the Amazing Aminos for Emotional Eating group program and saw anxiety and emotional eating benefits)